The 2012 Olympic Games Open
The long waited moment has finally arrived ! After days and weeks of impatience, London officially became the Olympic city for two weeks (27.07-12.08) with the opening ceremony of the games. Spectacle guaranteed ! Here we go ! After 7 years of work, a cost of 12 billion euros and for transportation and security, Queen Elizabeth II finally gave the kickoff of the London Olympics. To everyone’s surprise, the Olympic cauldron was lit by a group of seven young British hopes. “I declare open the Games in London celebrating the 30th Olympiad of the modern .” With these words of his traditional flute – like voice to the Stratford stage, in front of 80,000 spectators and more than one billion viewers, the Queen signed a record both Olympic and family.Indeed, London is the first city in the world to achieve the treble. The Summer Games of 1908 and 1948 respectively had been inaugurated by the great grandfather of Queen, Edward VII, and her father George VI. As is customary.
The Greek delegation led the parade of nations during which paraded some of the estimated 10,500 athletes from 204 countries.
- Yonas Kifle – Marathon 12th August 2012 starting time 11:00 a.m.
- Yared Asmerom Marathon 12th August 2012 starting time 11:00 a.m.
- Samson Keflemariam Marathon 12th August 2012 starting time 11:00 a.m.
- Barakhi Beyene Marathon 12th August 2012 starting time 11:00 a.m.
- Rehaset Mehari (Womens Marathon) 05th August 2012 11:00 a.m.
- 10,000 Zeresenay Tadese 04th August 2012 Final time 21:15
- 10,000 Teklemariam Medhin (Hazega) 04th August 2012 Final time 21:15
- 10,000 Negusie Amlesom 04th August 2012 Final time 21:15
First hit round one 5000 Meters Mens, time 10:45
- 5,000 Abrar Osman
- 5000 Amanuiel Mesel
Zeresenay Tadese , and Teklemariam Medhin (Hazega) might try to for the 5000 as they already have got the minima or qualification standard.
The final will be on the 11th of August 2012
3000 ACCH Relay Staple Chase
Weynay Gebreselassie 03rd August 2012 first Hit round one and final will be on the 05thAugust 21:25
1500 Teklit Teweldeberhan 03rd August 2012 First hit round one 19:00 to 21:00 and on 05th of August 2012 will be semi final and final will be held on the 07th August 2012.
The Eritrean Team are so far understood to be in great shape both Emotiionally and physically, and they are being coached by the individuals stated below.
- Marathon Coach Abebe Zerihun
- Track Coach Livingstone Abraham
- Team Leader Jemal Siraj
- Yonas Zekarias – Cycling Coach